Sports massage and remedial massage is the manipulation of soft tissue, aiming to increase range of movement, prevent injury and provide rehabilitation of muscles, tendons and ligaments in the body. Various methods and techniques are used to mobilise, stretch and strengthen soft tissue to help enhance performance whilst encouraging blood circulation and the removal of waste products from muscles and also to promote healing of damaged tissue.
Not exclusively for athletes, Sports Massage can:
- improve muscle tone and length, improve joint flexibility and range of movement and improve circulation
- eliminate build up of scar tissue in muscles and therefore improve their function
- ease and improve postural issues
- promote recovery from injury
- prepare the body for sporting and endurance events
- general relaxation and well-being.
For more information or to book an appointment, please contact us at www.physiocentric.co.uk/contact or call 020 8879 3608.