Physiocentric is a Partnership of whom the business partners are Mr WG van Klaveren and Mr CK Smith
|Date of issue
|20th of May 2018
|Date of next review
|20th of May 2019
How is your information collected?
Information is obtained when:
- When you visit our website
- Enquire about our services or appointment availability via our website’s ‘Contact Us’ page
- Book and attend appointments at our physical premises for any of our services
- Provide us with a testimonial through our website or by email
- Communication is received from multidisciplinary professionals involved in your care e.g. referrals or treatment care updates
- Communication received from other healthcare intermediaries involved in your care
How is the information we collect used?
The table in section 4 below outlines exactly what information we collect, and for what purpose.
- Sensitive Data
Patient sensitive personal data is collected with relation to health matters pertinent to the provision of our services. Such data is provided with explicit consent of the patient, by themselves or their representatives. The following sensitive data is not collected: genetic, biometric data; racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, sexual orientation, and criminal convictions.
- Information regarding a Minor
Whilst we do treat minors under the age of 13 years old, any relevant information is only collected with the explicit consent of the parent or legal guardian responsible for the minor. If you learn that a minor under the ages of 13 years old has provided us with personal information without the consent of a parent or legal guardian, please contact us.
- Third Parties
We will not sell, rent or share your information to third any parties. We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.We do pass your information to third party service providers who we have engaged for the purpose of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf. We disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service. These 3rd party services help us fulfil our contractual and legal obligations. These 3rd party services are listed in full below; we have verified that these 3rd party services are GDPR compliant.
Without limitation, any of the following data may be automatically collected:
- IP address
- Web browser type and version
- Operating system
- A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this website and the site you exit to
- Cookie information
- Our use of data
Any personal data you submit will be retained by Physiocentric for as long as you use the Services and Systems provided on the website. Data that you may submit through any communications system that we may provide may be retained for a longer period of up to 6 months.All data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the United Kingdom Data Protection Act 1998. Any or all of the above data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our website. Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- Improvements of our products and services
- Transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you
- Contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone, fax or mail. Such information may be used to customise or update the website.
- Sensitive Data
Controlling your information
You have certain rights concerning the information we hold about you, as defined under the General Data Protection Regulation. If you wish to exercise these rights, please contact us, with your name and email address.
- Requesting a copy of your information
You may request a copy of any data we hold about you. Upon request, we will provide a CSV file containing the personal data we hold on record about you.
- Updating or correcting your information
It is important that the information we hold about you is accurate. If you change email address, or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please contact us so that we can correct our records.
- Deleting your information
You have the right to request erasure of your personal information. Unless there is a justifiable reason for the data not to be erased i.e. if we needed to use that data to fulfil our contractual or legal obligations, your personal data will be deleted on request.
- Automated decision making
We do not use any personal information for automated decision making or profiling; your data is not subject to automated decision making or profiling.
- Requesting a copy of your information
Use of ‘Cookies’
- Google Analytics: Google Analytics sets cookies to help us accurately estimate the number of visitors to the website and what content is most popular. This helps to ensure that our website is responding to your needs in the best way possible.
- WordPress: This website is built using WordPress.
- Facebook: Our website includes an embedded Facebook timeline. Facebook sets a number of cookies to facilitate this. Our website uses Facebook Pixel.
By using and browsing our website, you consent to cookies being used in accordance with this Policy.
If you do not consent, you must turn off cookies or refrain from using the site. Most browsers allow you to turn off cookies. To do this, look at the ‘help’ menu on your browser. Switching off cookies should not noticeably restrict your use of this website.
Physiocentric takes security seriously. In order to protect your information from loss, misuse or unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.These steps include the following:
- Data minimisation
- Password best practice
- Security best practice concerning devices (PCs, laptops, mobile devices), website hosting, physical access and storage
- Staff training and accountability on data protection
A copy of our internal Data Security Policy is available on request.
Our Information Security Policy includes a clear process for handling a personal data breach, should one occur. Where appropriate, Physiocentric will promptly notify you of any unauthorised access to your personal information.
If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal information, you can contact us directly and we will investigate the matter.If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal information not in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).